Senior Director, US Income Tax and Tax Accounting
We have been retained by our client, a Fortune 250 industry leader, on a critical hire that will lead the global tax accounting function for this rapidly growing multinational in addition to overseeing the US federal and state compliance, audit and planning. This role will report directly to the head of tax and manage a team of 9 highly skilled tax professionals beneath them.
The ideal candidate will value the following:
- Highly visible leadership role with a broad scope of oversight: This role will have the opportunity to get exposure to a wide range of functional areas within tax including both tax operations as well as tax planning and audit
- Rapidly growing company that highly values tax: Tax has a seat at the table in terms of business strategy at this multinational which nearly doubled in size after a recent acquisition
- Opportunities for growth and advancement: The technical breadth of this role in addition to the mentoring and guidance from the Head of Tax will position this individual to have unique opportunities for career growth long-term.
- Lead and manage the tax accounting function including oversight over the worldwide tax provision calculation and all tax related financial statement disclosures
- Manage the US federal and state income tax compliance
- Responsible for Federal and State tax audits
- Provide tax planning support including assisting on the development of tax planning strategies and leading cross functional teams to implement those strategies
- Build and maintain close working relationships across various corporate and business functions throughout the organization to help facilitate timely and accurate tax filings and execution of tax strategy.
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of 9 total reports (3 direct, 6 indirect)
- Must have extensive ASC740 experience working in a large, public multinational or working with similar clients in a public accounting firm
- Experience overseeing the consolidation of world-wide tax provision
- Extensive US federal and state compliance, provision, and audit tax experience in addition to experience with combined returns and an understanding of the state impact of TCJA related items
- Must have a strong working knowledge of international tax concepts and experience with process improvement, procedures as well as leveraging/optimizing tax technology
- Must be capable of working in a dynamic, changing environment with the ability to take new and abstract concepts and analyze, translate and document these- particularly in relation to special projects
- BA in Acctg or related field with either a MST/ JD OR CPA
If you would like to confidentially learn more about either opportunity, please contact Natalie Santiago, Director at 843-216-6664 or via email at Natalie@Taxsearchinc.com