Title: Manager, Tax Operations (Income Taxes) - Transaction/M&A Support
Workplace Role: Hybrid
Location: Marlborough, MA, US, 01752
This is a newly created role within the Tax Operations team to enhance our capability to timely and holistically address tax matters related to the integration of newly acquired businesses. The position offers significant opportunity for growth and collaboration within Tax and across the Finance organization. If you want to learn more before applying, you can reach out confidentially to Thomas Rollins, Director, Tax Operations (Federal & State Taxes) at Thomas.Rollins@bsci.com.
Caring * Meaningful Innovation * High Performance * Global Collaboration * Diversity * Winning Spirit
A career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal. As a leader in medical science we’re committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. If you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, courage, and spirit to make a meaningful difference, there’s no better place to build your career.
About the Role:
We are seeking an inclusive, high performing individual to support the Tax Operations team on reporting matters primarily related to U.S. federal, state and international income taxes stemming from acquisition and divestiture transactions. This new and visible role offers an opportunity for collaboration across our Finance and Tax organization as the individual seeks to identify key planning and compliance issues and support the execution of U.S. based filings with the Tax Operations team and external advisors. The position offers a career minded individual an excellent opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic environment and will require effective internal and external communication to help ensure U.S. income tax reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. This position also offers significant autonomy and opportunity to make value-added contributions to Boston Scientific.
- Support the Tax Operations team as primary contact on acquisitions and divestitures with a primary focus on U.S. federal, state and international income tax reporting.
- Collaborate across the Finance and Tax organization and liaise with external advisors to determine and drive execution on pre/post-acquisition filing requirements and related tax integration activities.
- Review due diligence and related tax/legal documents to assess and advocate for tax reporting options available (tax accounting methods, elections and other claimed positions) and prepare related analyses/documentation.
- Evaluate level of authority associated with claimed tax positions and discuss risks associated with historic/current uncertain positions with Tax Resolutions team.
- Determine tax carryover attributes related to opening balance sheet and discuss with Tax Accounting team.
- Execute assignments and related tasks in a timely and coordinated manner via effective and planful project and resource management.
- Create/obtain and maintain auditable workpapers and supporting documentation in anticipation of financial statement and IRS audits as well as internal SOX review.
- Proactively monitor new tax legislative, regulatory, etc. changes affecting filings. Assess impact and document/communicate findings to management.
- Provide periodic support for merger and acquisition initiatives, including due diligence.
- Participate in the development and mentoring of employees by sharing expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Taxation or Accounting; Master’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years of related work experience in public accounting and/or within a U.S. based multinational corporate tax department
- Intermediate (or advanced) knowledge in U.S. federal, state and international taxation, including proficiency with laws related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Significant experience with ASC 740 and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience with acquisition and divestitures from a U.S. income tax reporting perspective
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Enthusiasm for building relationships cross functionally and collaborating as a member of a high performing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and project management skills
About Boston Scientific:
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.