Dallas, TX or El Paso, TX
Join our Corporate Finance Team at Helen of Troy as a Tax Manager and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a need challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
This position will be based in Dallas, TX or El Paso, TX.
What you will be doing:
The Tax Manager will lead and provide oversight of the company’s global tax policies, tax compliance, audit management, and tax planning in multi-national and multi-jurisdictional environment.
• Review the quarterly and year-end tax provision and tax account balances
• Ensure accuracy by completion of tax account reconciliations
• Confirm appropriate application of ASC 740 to all tax positions and significant business events such as business combinations
• Ensure accurate financial disclosures, including anticipation of material items
• Stay abreast of industry practices
• Review federal and state tax returns prepared by third parties and those completed in-house
• Review income tax payment calculations and lead the payment of all taxes
• Train, lead and mentor staff
• Lead tax examination inquiries
• Collaborate with auditors and manage/prepare information requested by the authorities
• Strategize and collaborate with internal and external parties on audit defense strategies to improve processes
• Research sophisticated federal, state, international tax issues across a broad range of taxes
• Communicate findings in oral and/or written forms to cross-functional internal and external personnel.
• Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent multitasking skills, time management and efficiency
• Excellent team building and ability to lead a team
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in relevant field: accounting, business administration, economics, finance
• 6+ years of tax experience, with 2+ years of management experience
• Experience in consumer products industry, multistate, multinational and sophisticated structures, and fast-paced environment
• Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
• State income and transaction tax experience
• CPA license
• MS office, Oracle, Hyperion, Workiva Track Record
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.