US International Tax Compliance Manager
Apply Now or submit your resume confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position can be worked at any of the following locations: Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL. Louisville, KY. Dallas, TX. Chicago, IL.
The Manager, U.S. International Tax Compliance will work with US-based tax personnel on preparing and reviewing the U.S. international components of the U.S. federal income tax return.
SCOPE AND MAGNITUDE:
This role is responsible for managing the U.S. international tax filing and compliance process to ensure accurate and timely filed tax returns. This role is responsible for managing a team.
- Manages the US international tax compliance function
- Supervises the completion of the international tax forms that are part of the US consolidated tax return including Forms 5471, 5472, 8858 and 1118 and relevant schedules.
- Oversees the preparation and review of discourse statements and elections related to international acquisitions, restructurings and tax planning
- Oversees and reviews the calculations for Subpart F, earnings and profits and foreign tax credits
- Tracks other tax attributes for foreign subsidiaries, including PTEP, stock basis
- Ensures intercompany transactions are appropriately reflected on all US international tax filings
- Responsible for filing and tracking US entity classification filings
- Responsible for obtaining US tax residency certificates.
- Drive ongoing improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of key international compliance processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Masters degree with CPA certification and/or JD with LLM in Taxation preferred
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 5-10 years tax experience with at least the last 2-3 years of experience in US international compliance
- Strong track record of working closely with various groups within a corporate structure (e.g. treasury, finance, ops, etc.)
- Strong track record of project management, problem solving, strategic thinking and effective business communication skills.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel. Experience with Hyperion, JD Edwards, and OneSource Income Tax desirable