Manager Global Tax Accounting & External Reporting
Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people, and the planet?
The Manager, Global Tax Accounting & External Reporting is an exciting opportunity in a growing fast-paced Tax Department reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Global Tax Accounting & External Reporting.
Responsible for assisting in forecasting and reporting the effective tax rate for the company. This position will report to the Sr. Tax Director, presenting to and educating senior management on all risks and opportunities related to the effective tax rate. Significant responsibility related to the process for external reporting of the effective tax rate, tax balance sheet, tax footnote, and uncertain tax positions. Working directly with Elanco’s external auditors and responsible for maintaining effective controls. Working closely with the Corporate Accounting & Reporting, Corporate Financial Planning, and Treasury organizations.
- Provide assistance in forecasting the effective tax rate and timely communicate risks and opportunities
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual income tax reporting information with accuracy and integrity
- Partner with Elanco Corporate Accounting & Reporting group on income tax reporting processes
- Provide support in managing the relationship with external auditorsAbility to assist foreign affiliates with the application of U.S. GAAP as it relates to accounting for income taxes
- Act as a liaison with Elanco Treasury on cash flow management related to taxes as it affects current and strategic forecasts
- Understand the business and related tax matters on a comprehensive basis and demonstrate the ability to factors these considerations into tax planning and forecasting
- Support integration of acquisitions
- Participate in special projects related to proposed investments, ERP implementations, tax accounting process improvements, due diligence and other corporate initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 + years ASC 740 experience in public accounting or a public multinational corporation
Additional Skills & Preferences
- MST or JD
- SEC tax reporting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- SAP and/or Alteryx experience
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.