Senior Analyst, Tax Operations (Accounting)
The person who will be most successful in this role is high performing, passionate about learning, and interested in opportunities to grow with long-term upward mobility. If this sounds like you and you want to work for a company where tax is valued throughout the organization, we’d love to hear from you! This position is available due to an internal promotion. If you want to learn more before applying, you can reach out confidentially to Nicole Cissell, Senior Manager, Tax Operations (Tax Accounting) at Nicole.Cissell@bsci.com.
* Caring * Meaningful Innovation * High Performance * Global Collaboration * Diversity * Winning Spirit
A career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal. As a leader in medical science we’re committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. If you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, courage, and spirit to make a meaningful difference, there’s no better place to build your career.
About the Role:
The Tax Operations (Accounting) group prepares Boston Scientific’s consolidated global income tax provision on a quarterly basis for reporting in the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statements filed with the SEC. We are a dynamic team focused on continuous process improvements. We work cross-functionally with the Accounting and Finance departments as well as across the various tax functions within the Corporate Tax department. The Tax Operations (Accounting) group is also responsible for the tax-related purchase price accounting for transactions, managing the audit of the tax provision, and researching tax technical issues related to financial statement reporting.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our Tax Operations (Accounting) group as a Senior Tax Analyst. The Senior Tax Analyst prepares and reviews tax provision calculations, researches technical accounting matters and works closely with others across the Corporate Tax and Accounting functions, including the global finance organization. This role reports into the Principal Tax Analyst, Tax Operations (Accounting).
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience preparing or auditing ASC740 calculations. You are willing to leverage your previous experience to bring new ideas, fresh insights, and process improvements to the group. You are able to work independently in a remote (or hybrid) environment, are excited to travel to corporate headquarters during critical times of the year and build strong relationships with others with ease. You have a willingness to pivot from your to-do list to work through issues as they arise, as well as to take on new or changing responsibilities as the department continues to evolve with the business.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Prepare and review international tax provisions in our tax provision software (Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE Tax Provision) in accordance with U.S. GAAP (ASC 740).
- Execute our SOX 404 internal controls and support the preparation, testing, and documenting of internal controls as needed.
- Coordinate deliverables from foreign sites, as well as from the various tax groups, including the Tax Resolutions, Forecasting and Analysis, Federal & State, and Global Structuring teams.
- Prepare and review monthly tax account reconciliations and propose journal entries.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Tax Technology to maintain our tax provision software, including training others on the software and monthly reporting processes.
- Research tax technical issues and document findings in a clear and concise manner, including the preparation of memos as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships as you work with members of the Tax Forecasting, Tax Compliance, Global Structuring, Corporate Accounting, and SEC Reporting teams, as well as with financial controllers working globally.
- Contribute to department initiatives and be willing to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Assist on special projects as needed, including business combinations and divestitures.
We’re looking for people who have the following qualifications and interests:
- BS Degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation preferred.
- 2-4 years of related work experience in public accounting or a large corporate tax environment.
- Basic knowledge of ASC 740 principles and US GAAP required.
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team, build relationships cross-functionally, and exhibit empathy in a professional environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adhere to tight deadlines, exhibit strong attention to detail, and manage multiple priorities.
- Thrives in an environment where they work independently while also maintaining regular communication with all team members.
- Strong analytical, technical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technology skills including proficiency with Excel and Office 365; experience with tax software applications such as Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax Provision and various online research tools.
- Experience with SAP, HFM and SmartView preferred, but willing to train.
About Boston Scientific:
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.