Send your resumes and/or question to Laura Garbarino
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information, and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
We are seeking an inclusive, high-performing individual to develop and grow within the Company’s Tax and Finance organization. The analyst role will support the Tax Operations team via the preparation of the U.S. federal, state, and international income tax returns and income tax provisions. This role will require effective communication and collaboration with the accounting, forecasting, structuring, and related teams within our Tax department. It will also support the broader Finance organization and commercial business units and offers an opportunity to be involved with special projects and related business initiatives.
Your responsibilities will Include:
* Prepare the Company’s U.S. federal, state, and international income tax returns in a paperless environment.
* Prepare assigned annual ASC 740 calculations for the Company’s U.S. operations as part of the overall financial reporting and close processes.
* Perform tax research and monitor new tax legislation regulatory changes affecting the Company.
* Create and maintain auditable work papers and supporting documentation in anticipation of the Company’s financial statement and IRS audits and internal SOX reviews.
* Develop and maintain a wide range of internal and external business relationships/resources to assist in the completion of tasks/projects and understand changes to the business (e.g. acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, etc.).
* Participate in the Company’s continuous improvement initiative via the identification and implementation of process improvements.
* Bachelor’s degree in Taxation or Accounting
* 2+ years of related work experience in public accounting and/or within a U.S.-based multinational corporate tax department
* Foundational knowledge in U.S. federal, state, and international taxation, including exposure to laws related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
* Working knowledge of ASC 740 and the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Proficient to advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills preferred
* Experience within Corptax, Onesource, SAP, and HFM, a plus
* Proven ability to operate in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
* Enthusiasm for collaborating as a member of a high-performing team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Master's Degree and/or CPA
* Proficient in advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills
* Experience within Corptax, Onesource, SAP, and HFM